The African Apostolic Church is named after the calling of the (voice) word of God – the Holy Spirit. In 1957 the voice was heard from above saying “The African Apostolic Church, Va-Apostora VeAfrica”. At that time the church was not yet there as the people were only still worshiping in their respective churches, but ahead of them was the Holy Spirit who worked many wonders and signs and also led them into a new dimension of knowing Christ, who is the whole truth. The name is only denoting the origin of the church but principally the church has the mandate to reach out to the whole world and everyone is invited to share in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Church was formally started in 1959 after the Arch Bishop Ernest Paul received a clear and vivid message from the Holy Spirit commenced the ministry as a church.